Standlee Beet Pulp Shreds 25#
Premium Beet Pulp Shreds are formed from dried sugar beet pulp. Beet Pulp is the pulp that remains after sugar has been removed from the sugar beet. A high calorie, low protein, low sugar fiber source for horses.
|Crude Protein||Min 7.5%|
|Crude Fat||Min 0.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 21%|
Beet pulp (dried), Concentrated Separator By-Product
Concentrated Separator By-Product or CSB is a secondary molasses produced during the separation of sugar from normal sugar beet molasses.
- Gradually introduce beet pulp into the diet during a 7-10 day period.
- Beet Pulp is a dehydrated product and is recommended to be soaked (completely submerged) in water for a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to feeding, or until properly softened.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested beet pulp to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
- Beet pulp should not be used as the sole source of nutrition, additional forages (i.e. hay cubes, pellets, chopped hay, and baled hay) must be fed to reach a total daily forage intake of 1.5 to 2.5% of body weight.